I am the President & Owner of Larson Counseling & Consultation, P.C. I have over 14 years in the mental health industry. Some of my work experiences include:
- Provided psychotherapy to adult individuals and couples at Urban Balance, LLC
- As a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) scholar provided intake assessments, therapy to adults, advising young adults, and participated on steering and community partnership committees at C4, Community Counseling Centers of Chicago,
- Provided case management and group therapy at Thresholds, Inc., and intake assessments at Heartland Health Outreach in Uptown neighborhood of Chicago
- Conducted depression, anxiety, mood disorders, and neurological research and pharmaceutical clinical trials at University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Psychiatry, Pivotal Research Centers, and Radiant Research at Alexian Brothers Neuroscience Institute. Jennifer has performed contracted work with Healthcare Communications Group.
- Assisted homeless women at The Lake County Haven and participated in Rape Crisis Center's Training program.
I earned a M.A. in Clinical Psychology at Arizona School of Professional Psychology - Phoenix graduating with honors. I obtained a B.A. in psychology and sociology at University of Wisconsin-Madison where I earned membership into Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology and Alpha Kappa Delta, International Sociology Honor Society.
(Education under my maiden name Karolak)
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
I have attended Modules 1 and 2 Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT) training workshops through Dr. Patrick Carnes' training program through the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP).
I interned at PCS, Psychological Counseling Services, a well-respected private practice group in Scottsdale, AZ.