Deciding to seek therapy is a sign of personal strength. It takes self-awareness to identify we may need assistance, and courage to reach out to a therapist for guidance and help. People seek therapy for an array of reasons. Some people face significant and debilitating issues and symptoms that need to be addressed. Others would simply like to live a more fulfilling, satisfying, and balanced life. I have provided some information about myself in effort to help you make the next decision -- choosing a therapist.
I use a warm, strengths-based and yet, direct and challenging approach while drawing on psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, and systems theories. Additionally, I help my clients work towards establishing and maintaining boundaries with self and others. My goal is to help you to live a happier and more meaningful life.
I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) and National Certified Counselor (NCC). As a psychotherapist, I offer general individual and couples therapy to adults in Chicago who are experiencing barriers to personal, relational, educational, and professional growth and fulfillment. Additionally, I guide my clients to better understand themselves as well as educating and giving clients tools to better approach, manage, and resolve challenges around:
- Depression, Anxiety, and Bipolar Disorders
- Relationship, dating, intimacy and marital conflicts
- Communication barriers and low self-esteem
- Negative self-talk and self-defeating beliefs
- Difficulty regulating emotions and thoughts
- Family-of-origin issues
- Desire to heal from past emotional, physical, and sexual trauma
- Codependency and love/relationship addiction
- Sex addiction and co-addiction (partners of individuals with sex addiction)*
- Education, work and career challenges and stagnation
- Stress related to change and life transitions
- Overall difficulty with self-care, wellness, and balance